Preserving and Promoting the Work of Dr. Leon Hammer
Connecting Students, Practitioners and Patients
Preserve and Promote the richness of COM through Education and Community
The Contemporary Oriental Medicine Foundation was established to preserve, promote, and further the ideas and teachings of Dr. Leon Hammer, M.D., a world-renowned expert in the field of Chinese medicine.
The COM Foundation seeks to disseminate Dr. Hammer’s work, educating students, practitioners, patients, and anyone else interested in the achievement of health through natural medicine. In this age of chemical, impersonal healthcare, the ancient wisdom of Chinese medicine, coupled with Dr. Hammer’s unique and brilliant adaptations for our modern life, provides a perfect replacement for ineffective systems of healing.
Through articles, publications, videos and lectures, the COM Foundation hopes to bring Dr. Hammer’s knowledge and insight to a wider audience, and to ensure that his invaluable contributions to the evolution of medicine are available to future generations.
As a not-for-profit organization, the COM Foundation relies entirely on public funding from our community of supporters and generous donations of time from our volunteers. Present and past contributors have been motivated by their passion for Contemporary Oriental Medicine, and their desire to encourage its development for the benefit of people throughout the world.
If you would like to get involved and support the Foundation’s essential, important work, please get in touch. To make a donation, please click here.
To learn more about the COM Foundation’s Board Members, please click here.
Required Notice: A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) within the state of Florida. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state. Registration number CH38431.
Current Ongoing Projects of the Foundation include:
- Final Stages of Editing Dr. Hammer’s third book of his four part series – Contemporary Oriental Medicine: Lifestyles and supporting the writing stage of the fourth book on the San Jiao;
- Supporting faculty and students of Dragon Rises College of Oriental Medicine as they pivot their learning structures in the face of 2020’s unique challenges;
- Developing a thriving, engaged community of COM students and practitioners through expansion of social media and the development of COM focused continuing education opportunities; and
- Ongoing development of the Foundation’s internal Committee structures in order to lay the supportive groundwork that assures this unique medicine is available for many generations to come.
The Foundation’s most recent accomplishments include:
- The 2018 writing, editing and publication of Contemporary Oriental Medicine: Concepts – the first of Dr. Hammer’s four book series that offers a foundational understanding of the concepts and treatment strategies of Contemporary Oriental Medicine;
- The 2019 writing, editing and publication of Contemporary Oriental Medicine: Methodology – the second of Dr. Hammer’s four book series. This book was released in conjunction with a grand celebration of Dr. Hammer’s 95th birthday;
- Appointment of new officers and active support of the Governing Board of DRCOM, thus reinvigorating the school’s vital qi to assure its continued strength to provide quality education throughout the 2020 pandemic campus closures.
Get Started with COM
If you would like to embark upon a rewarding journey into the fascinating world of COM, please subscribe to Dr. Hammer’s series of twelve Lessons. They are completely free of charge and are a compelling and informative education on the wonders of this healing system.
The Contemporary Oriental
1000 NE 16th Ave., Building F